Monday, September 29, 2008

Affiliate WOD


Today I went to Bayou City Crossfit to do a group class. Vic, the owner, is a super nice helpful guy. I attended the four o clock class. There were six of us there ready to do the WOD.


We warmed up with some joint mobility exercises and a 400 m run. The WOD was in two parts. Part 1 was a nice little triplet of 95# Thrusters, Box Jumps and Push ups for time. The reps were 21-15-9. My time was 8:21 not bad.


Part 2 was back squats. Five sets of three, with the last set going to almost failure. After the 45 Thrusters I was no where near my 3 rep max. I walked up starting at 155,185,205,215,225. I had a rough time getting the last 225 rep up.


It was a great experience with some really nice folks. Everybody was really friendly. Vic has a great littel space with plenty of parking and a decent amount of room inside to accomodate a class or 10-15 per class. He just installed pull up bars. It is coming around.

No comments: