Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Army PFT test....just to see


"Grace" and "Isabel" came up on the CF board recently. I did not get a chance to do either, so I incorporated them into the workout so to speak. Yesterday I took a rest day after the 8 mile run on Sunday, I was nursing a nice little blister on my pinkie toe.
Today I used pvc pipes to do a skill based warm up. I did 20 clean and jerks with the pvc pipe and 20 power snatches with the pvc pipe. As I am uncomfortable in these movements, I am going to use them as a skill based warm up using the pvc pipe for a while before I try to tackle "Grace" and "Isabel".
As for my main workout today, I wanted to do the Army Physical Fitness Test to see how I would perform after using just CF. The first quarter of this year, I was training to do the SEAL Adventure Challenge, a 24 hour look at Navy SEAL Hell Week so I did mainly bodyweight calistenics based workouts trying to get my numbers in push ups, sit ups, pull ups and 1.5 mile run up for the SEAL event. At the the event, the first Physical Standard Test, 73 Push Ups, 62 sit ups, 12 dead hang pull ups, 12:10 1.5 mile run in boots and pants. This was at 7:30 Saturday morning. The second test came at 4:30am Sunday morning, 67 push ups, 63 sit ups, 11 pull ups and a 13:12 run time for 1.5 miles.
One week after coming back from the SEAL adventure, I scored a 289 on the Army PFT push ups in 2:00, sit ups in 2 minutes and two mile run. I did 75 push ups for a 100 score for my age, 65 sit ups for a 92 score for my age, 14:56 two mile run for a score of 97 for my age, plus I did 14 pull ups.
Today I was my score after doing CF exclusively since then. Push ups 68 for a score of 96, Sit ups 69 for a score of 96, 15 dead hang pull ups, and a 2 mile run of 14:06 for two miles. My score was 292.

No comments: